Monday, August 23, 2010

AUGUST 26th & 27th JACKSON HOLE

WE FINALLY MADE IT TO JACKSON HOLE WITH JOHN'S PARENTS
NO INJURIES!
We took Grandpa Bill, Grandma Ellen and Nippy to Jackson Wyoming. Grandpa was so excited to show us all of his favorite hang outs. His most favorite place was the Bar J Ranch, it was a dinner and a show. We arrived on Thursday night, grandma and I were dropped off early at the ranch to save seats. Who knew that you had to come four hours in advance to get the good seats. John and grandpa went to find us a camping spot while we waited. The food was cafeteria style, we had to stand in line to get our food and then we had to stand in line to clean off our plates and hand them to the dishwasher. Maybe it was just that night, but our food wasn't as good as we had anticipated. Our steaks were tough and our baked potatoes were hard as a rock. But the entertainment made up for the disappointment in the food. I had a hard time enjoying the music because the lady next to me was so shocked that John and I were actually sleeping in a tent. She had me so afraid, I never have liked sleeping in a tent knowing I was in bear country, so I was already unhappy about being in a tent, but now I was very unhappy! But I survived! The next day we drove around Jackson hole and enjoyed the scenery. That night we talked Grandpa and Grandma into seeing a play. We enjoyed the play, we were very fortunate to get front row seats because of a last minute cancellation. Couldn't have asked for more!

BAR J

ENTRANCE INTO THE DINNING HALL












LOVED THE BEARS
(NOT REAL)!













WAITING IN LINE
AND INSIDE THE DINNING HALL











GRANDMA SETTING UP
THE COWBOY SINGERS


OUR CAMPSITE
MORMON ROW (TETONS IN THE BACKGROUND)





GRANDPA & GRANDMA AT THE MUSEUM
&
JOHN INSIDE THE MUSEUM


WE HAD A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CLOSE UPS OF THIS MOOSE
THERE WAS SO MUCH BEAUTY AND WILD ANIMALS TO SEE

MY FAVORITE PART OF JACKSON HOLE WAS THE MELODRAMA

1 comment:

Natalie and Jay said...

You've been busy blogging! I didn't realize you had updated. Love seeing the bigger pictures of Yellowstone rather than on your camera. I really want to go!!!