Friday, February 11, 2011

CALIFORNIA TRIP.......JANUARY 23rd - 26th

SUNDAY, the 23rd and MONDAY, the 24th
We got adjusted to the California home and life. We took it easy and enjoyed the warmer weather.
Creed was such a delight to take care of. His favorite thing was to play out in the back yard. He also liked to tip over Buster's water several times a day, so I was constantly replenishing the water bowl. Buster loved having Creed all to himself, and they were pretty good together. I loved watching them interact.TUESDAY, JANUARY 25th
SOLVANG
On our way to Solvang (a Danish Community) our little Creed fell asleep. I had to get this picture of him, because his dad, Michael always slept with his arms over his head. He looks just like his dad in this picture.

This Windmill and Pastry shop were some of the beautiful buildings in this quaint village. The villaage reminded me a lot of our Park City, including Park City prices in some of their shops. It was still fun and worth the trip to visit. Especially knowing that Grandma loved it so much.
Grandma's favorite thing out of our whole California trip was her buying a Snow White and the seven dwarfs porcelain set. When she came here many years ago with Grandpa, she bought the coo coo clock that is still hanging over the stove in her kitchen in Ephraim. My favorite thing about Solvang was all the chocolate shops, I loved their Rocky Road Fudge, Yum! The one thing I didn't like about Solvang was the restaurant we went to where I did not want to eat the French Dip sandwhich because the roast beef had a green glow about it. I'm sure Grandma thought I was a spoiled child, but really, would you eat something that looked like it came from mars? Sorry I waisted your money John.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26th

OXNARD/NEAR PORT HUENEME

(we walked the beach, looking for rocks & sea shells)
Creed loved throwing rocks out into the ocean, he could have done that all day long and he didn't want to leave when it was time to go.


Watch that rock fly!
Creed got so involved in his efforts to get those rocks far out into the ocean that I had to grab him a couple of times to keep the waves from sweeping him away.
It was a warmer day and more enjoyable to be out in the sun than a few days ago.
Grandpa John and I enjoyed dancing with Creed. He loved that we would dance around in the kitchen with the music loud and us twirling him around. We had so much fun with him.

No comments: