Monday, July 6, 2009

A FOURTH OF JULY TO REMEMBER


My most memorable Independence day that I can remember was when I was flying to Rochester, New York to start my mission for the LDS church on the night of the 4th of July. It was very frightening to say the least. I was already scared and excited all in the same mixed emotions for my new adventure in life, but to have a night of complete terror on a flight that hit turbulence with lighting and thunder was a surprise. I remember seeing the flight attendant crawling on the floor trying to get our food trays back to their place on the plane. I don't know how long the storm lasted, but it felt like eternity, we were rocking and rolling! We had to fly into Syracuse and be bused back to Rochester. It was a long night but one that I will never forget. The Funny thing about this flight was that we were given a card board firecracker as a favor from the airline when we were served our dinner (you'd never see that today). We were all holding onto our firecrackers with fear and trembling. I can laugh about it now!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I've never heard that story, scary! I've also never had turbulance so bad that the flight attendant had to crawl on the floor.