Sunday, March 22, 2009

COUSINS

COUSINS ARE THE BEST!

A quick trip to Boise Idaho
Swimmingly Fun!
Collin & Dresden loved Grandpa giving them a ride on his back under the water.

The boys went on a rather long trip with us to Idaho. I had promised Natalie and Jay that I would tend their kids Saturday, the 14th. They had a teachers conference they had to attend. I didn't know that we would be spending that day in Idaho. My Aunt Gloria passed away on Wednesday and the funeral was on Sat. Aunt Gloria was my mom's younger sister. Shannon kept Sydney and Login with her and John and I took the two oldest, Collin and Dresden. We also got to stop by the Boise temple and the new Twin Falls temple.

The funeral was beautiful and we enjoyed being with the family. Jean and Gloria really wanted to be there but couldn't get away, so I was glad that I could go for our side of the family. Aunt Birtha's daughters Marilyn (in the front) and Marie (in the pink) came from Salt Lake. Marie only lives a few miles away, but we haven't seen her in years.......sad, we used to be so close when our mom's were alive. Marilyn lived by us when we lived on Woodchuck Circle. Remember Bobby and his horse Ringo? The others are aunt Gloria's kids. Kathy is next to me then Jim, Karen and Richard. It was so good to see them all. I have some wonderful memories of my cousins.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

So mom, did you read our blog about turning your blog into a scrap book? You should check it out. If you could do it, then you wouldn't have to do all of your additional scrapbooking along with your blog. Then you could concentrate on your blog! Can't wait to see you in a couple days.

Nana Donna said...

I must have missed that one! Hey I'm doing better than you brother and sisters!

Shannon said...

It is funny to hear the boys talk about how it wasn't a "vacation" they went on but it was a "test" to see if they are old enough to go on vacations with you guys. It was a fun weekend with Sydney and I'm glad the boys were good for you and Dad.